NGAL Rapid ELISA Kit (BioPorto)
Early biomarker for diagnosing acute kidney injury (AKI).
An ELISA for the determination of human NGAL in urine, plasma or serum as a marker of acute renal injury which may lead to acute renal failure.
Under normal conditions, NGAL levels are low in urine and plasma, but they rise sharply from basal levels in response to kidney injury to reach diagnostic levels within a very short time – as much as 24 hours or more before any significant rise in serum creatinine.
Measuring NGAL in urine or plasma gives you the information on AKI status that you need for rapid clinical decision making, for example in the following settings:
- Intensive care
- Emergency medicine
- Renal transplantation
- Administration of i.v. iodine contrast agents or other nephrotoxic agents
What is NGAL?
NGAL (neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin, lipocalin-2, siderocalin) is a small protein expressed in neutrophils and certain epithelia, including the renal tubules. Renal expression of NGAL is dramatically increased in kidney injury from a variety of causes, and NGAL is released into both urine and plasma. NGAL levels rise within 2 hours of the insult, making NGAL an early and sensitive biomarker of kidney injury.
- 1 hour rapid assay format
- Simple ELISA format - easy to perform
- Ready-to-use calibrators and working solutions
- Pre-coated ELISA strips
- All incubations performed at room temperature
- Easy storage
- All components are stored at 4 °C
- Automation possible on open ELISA workstations
- Assay dynamic range is 100-fold
|Catalog number||Description||Price excl. VAT|
|KIT037||NGAL Rapid ELISA Kit CE IVD||19 900 Kč E-SHOP|